Retail Customer Service Job Description and Profile
The job of a Retail Customer Service representative is to handle customer questions and complaints regarding the products or services related to the store, they work for. The main responsibility of retail customer service representatives is to answer emails and accept phone calls from customers. Apart from responding to inquiries, they provide information to the customers that help them in making purchasing decisions and resolve any complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling and resolving customer complaints, obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Dealing with customers directly either by face-to-face, electronically, or telephone and responding to customer inquiries promptly.
- Responding to customer inquiries regarding offers, discounts, electronic products, groceries, sports, and fashion goods and so on.
- Adopting the guidelines established by the retail store to resolve the complaints from customers.
- Verifying the customer information to indentify the complaint’s validity and offering possible solutions.
- Preparing, generating and distributing request or inquiry acknowledgements and daily reports to appropriate personnel.
- Managing the accounts of customers and keeping records of customer transactions and interactions.
- Recording details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Providing customers with exchanges, refunds, discounts, coupons, or other offers related to their retail store account activity.
- Performing customer verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests.
- Directing unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource.
- Attending customer service support departmental meetings regularly.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of standards, procedures and policies regarding customer service.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of wide range of goods and services of retail store.
- Ability to deal multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, IT and customer service skills.
- Should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- General education degree.
Customer Service Manager Job Profile and Description
Customer Service Banker Job Profile and Description
Customer Service Job Descriptions
Customer Service Clerk Job Description
Customer Service Engineer Job Description
Customer Service Advisor Job Description
Customer Service Administrator Job Description
Communications Dispatcher Job Description
Customer Service Receptionist Job Description
Customer Service Assistant Director Job Description
Customer Service Assistant Manager Job Description
Customer Service Planner Job Description