Crime Analyst Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the Crime Analyst job entails gathering, categorizing and analyzing narrative as well as statistical data that pertains to past and present criminal activities. He is also engaged in preparing and disseminating recommendations and reports that pertains to existing criminal activities to sworn staff to increase patrol deployment effectiveness, efficiency in crime prevention and successful apprehension of suspects.
Duties and Specifications
- Conducts effective research and crime analysis to properly identify crime trends and patterns.
- Analyzes long-term crime trends and patterns with the use of probability studies and complex analyses like correlation, random samplings and regression analysis.
- Develops, checks and tests various hypotheses.
- Develops victim as well as suspect profiles.
- Forecasts forthcoming criminal activities.
- Assists all concerned personnel in planning the resource deployment for suppression and prevention of criminal activity.
- Makes presentations to inform detectives, deputies, commanders and investigators of potential or existing criminal series, trends and patterns as well as victim and suspect profiles.
- Conducts analyses of tactical crimes by the identification of hot spots and current crime series.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to apply logical principles to define various problems, be able to develop and test hypothetical statements and collect data to establish fact and draw conclusions.
- Must be able to collect and analyze statistical and narrative data.
- Analyze potential and existing problems, formulate a number of strategies, and formulate practical recommendations.
- Able to utilize general as well as special computer applications.
- Must be able to prepare tactical and strategic action forecasts.
- Develop and establish suspect and victim profiles.
- Able to identify crime trends, series and patterns.
- Must establish harmonious work relationships with staff, colleagues and representative of related agencies and organizations.
Education and Qualifications
- Possesses bachelor’s degree in mathematics or behavioral science course, with 2 years of investigative experience in any law enforcement entity.
- Possesses certificate in crime and intelligence analyses.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description
Trust Officer Job Description