Estate Planning Director Job Profile and Description
Planning how your assets get distributed after your death is what the Estate Planning Director does. These assets include real estate properties, jewelry, cars, cash, marketable securities and other properties belonging to the deceased. Often employed in Insurance companies, the Estate Planning Director heads a team of estate planners/managers who market pre-need insurance products designed to anticipate and arrange for the disposal of the properties of a deceased insurance client. This aims to eliminate uncertainties in the administration of any last will or provide an equitable disposition of assets to bereaved family members at their maximum values while reducing taxes and other expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the client’s last will and testament to designated beneficiaries for the equitable disposition of assets and liabilities of the deceased.
- Administer any trust fund left for disposition
- Advise clients to create a living will, define beneficiaries, powers of appointment, medical and durable financial powers of attorney as applicable
- Provide investment opportunities on client asset that can minimize tax liabilities of their surviving relatives in the event of death.
- Administer qualified personal residence trusts
- Administer balance of pension trust funds.
- Appear in court mediation proceedings if required in settling inheritance disputes.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have a firm grasp on local and federal tax and inheritance tax laws
- Must have strong organizational, supervisory and managerial competence to handle a team of estate planers and managers in a department
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with corporate executives at all levels and with clients
- Must exhibit strong time management and people management skills.
Education and Qualifications
At the minimum, a degree in Law or Accountancy leading to a CPA accreditation is a must while a post-graduate MBA course is an advantage. A 3-5 year related experience in a management capacity in an insurance company is also an edge. Computer literacy with spreadsheets and word processing is basic.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description