VP-Internal Audit Job Profile and Description
Reporting to the CFO, the VP – Internal Audit of a large conglomerate or corporation provides leadership and managed direction to a team of internal auditors tasked with ensuring that the corporate books are in order, complying with corporate internal controls and approved information systems procedures as well as conforming with federal and state accounting standards and accepted practices.
VP-Internal Audit Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the departmental leadership to a team of internal auditors assigned to implement compliance monitoring and reporting for the various departments of a company of its affiliates locally and overseas.
- Oversee the conduct of internal management controls as well as the design and implantation of automated systems to replace labor-intensive processes.
- Review and approve all audit findings for presentation to the executive staff
- Conduct the final screening interview for management level personnel in the department.
- Keep abreast with latest trends in internal management and accounting controls
VP-Internal Audit Skills and Specification
- Must have thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on inter accounting and management controls
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills
- Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
VP-Internal Audit Education and Qualification
- A masters degree in management or business administration is basic on top of a being a CPA.
- At least 18 -25 years of experience in the financial department with the last 10 years in a management or executive position.
VP-Internal Audit Salary
The average annual salary of a VP for Internal Audit varies depending on the industry, size of the business and holder’s qualification. Internal Auditors can earn as much as $102,300 annually at the top of the range with a median of $60,000 in 2008. You can expect a VP to earn in excess of $160,000 excluding perks and bonuses.
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description
Estate Planning Director Job Description