Staff accountant Job profile and description
A staff accountant maintains all the accounts of a company. He works in conjunction with other departments like the human resource management and is employed by the financial wing of the company. It is a very responsible job and a job which requires precision and accuracy. A graduate should have a minimum experience of two year in preparation of ledger book, closing statements and financial statements to get a good job as a staff accountant.
Staff accountant Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a staff accountant are listed below.
- Preparation of salary statements for the company employees. This includes calculation of different kinds of deductions from the salary like insurance premiums, taxes litigations and auditing
- Calculation of the productivity output of the employees of the companies. The staff accountant works with the human resource department to fulfill his responsibilities in this regard
- Being aware of the state as well as federal laws in order to accurately calculate the wages keeping in line with state and federal laws
- Keeping track of assets and liabilities of the company and acting as a troubleshooter for various finance related problems
- Acts as a assistant to the company finance department in various functions like opening and closing of financial books, preparation of the annual financial reports and deals with the employees to solve any company related financial problems like erroneous calculation of salary
Staff accountant Skills and specifications
The skills and specifications requires by a staff assistant as given below.
- High skills of organization
- Time management
- Honesty and integrity since he has access to all the company financial details
- Must be a perfectionist as even minor errors in managing company finance will grossly affect overall performance of the company
Staff accountant education and Qualification
Although different kinds of jobs require different experience and qualification levels for a staff accountant, the basic degree that he needs are given below. The degrees are mentioned in their level of hierarchy.
- A degree by Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- A degree of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Any other graduate degree in accountancy and commerce
Staff accountant Salary
The starting salary of a staff accountant with a CPA will be $10,000 per month and can go up to $50,000 in bigger companies.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description
Estate Planning Director Job Description