VP – Corporate Budget Job Profile and Description
Reporting to the CFO, the VP for Corporate Budget is responsible for developing and implementing the system-wide budget plan and ensuring its compliance across all departments and affiliates of a large company. The position oversees a team of budget planners and analysts who aggregate the various departmental and affiliate budgets to ensure they are within the board-approved budget limits. From time to time, the VP – Corporate Budget can approve budget deviations in excess of allowable amounts when sufficiently justified.
VP – Corporate Budget Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the implementing guidelines for the corporate-wide budgeting process from the templated submissions, defense, iteration, approval, and implementation
- Maintain continuing coordination with accounting to ensure that actual expenses are within approved budgets and for non-zero based budget planning purposes.
- Oversee a team of internal auditors to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities as expected.
- Conduct meetings with department and affiliate heads to ensure compliance with internal controls as required.
- Coordinate with HR in hiring and firing managers and directors in the department.
VP – Corporate Budget Skills and Specification
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
VP – Corporate Budget Education and Qualification
- A college degree in accounting with CPA accreditation is basic
- An MBM. MBA or masters degree in the management sciences is basic
- At least 16 -20 years of experience in the corporate accounting and finance management with the last 8 years in a corporate budget management position.
VP – Corporate Budget Salary
The average annual salary of a VP for Corporate Budget Management is in line with most finance executive positions and varies depending on the business nature, value of budgets being controlled, state, and holder‘s qualification. In general, a VP in this function can received a high of $200.000 excluding bonuses and perks.
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description
Estate Planning Director Job Description