Financial Assistant profile and description
The job of financial assistants involves all kind of clerical and office duties of the financial department like answering phone calls, typing financial statements and reports, responding to emails and other related operations. The functions of the financial assistant also involve minor bookkeeping and accounting. They act like middlemen between the management and customers.
Financial assistant duties and responsibilities
A financial assistant performs a lot of small but very important functions in a company. The duties and responsibilities of a financial assistant are given below.
- Answering phone calls and taking care of customer interface
- Documentation of reports
- Collection of bills and financial statements
- Computer operations like data entry, which includes typing, computerization of reports and basic computation
- Proofreading financial reports before computerization
- Financial tasks like bookkeeping
Financial assistant Skills and specifications
A financial assistant needs to have multiple skills in order to fulfill his duties and responsibilities. The skills that a financial assistant needs are given below.
- Good communication skills to deal with customers and managers alike
- Even temperament to deal with difficult customers
- Should be polite and maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Computer skills and good typing ability
- Should be good at multi-tasking
- Analytical skills
Financial assistant education and qualification
- A basic high school degree
- An associate degree in mathematics and commerce
- A diploma in typing and dictation
- A diploma in math’s and accounting
A financial assistant learns a lot on the job. He should have good grasping power and the ability to learn and implement newly learnt skills in his work.
Financial assistant salary
The median annual salary of a financial assistant as per 2010 study was $32,510 per year. The salary ranges between $28,000 to $41,000 annually. The salary depends largely on the experience of the financial assistant and also on his responsibilities in the company.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description
Estate Planning Director Job Description