Food Packaging Manager Job Profile and Description
For farmers and food growers who want a direct market outlet, there are companies who specialize in freeze drying processes and other food preserving technologies that already come with packaging under a Food Packaging Manager. This is the person to look for as he often responsible for the harnessing the latest packaging technologies to ensure that the wet market sections of department stores get fresh farm products all the time. In addition, Food Packaging Mangers are also found at the end of any food processing company prior to shipping to wholesalers and retailers.
Food Packaging Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the work rules and ethics among food packaging supervisors assigned for each team of packaging clerks and operators to ensure their perform in accordance with their duties and responsibilities.
- Regularly meet with supervisors to assess and address productivity and quality issues as they arise on the production floor
- Coordinate with the food packaging sales managers to ensure they meet the production quota and quality levels as promised to clients
- Conduct final screening interviews for non-supervisory staff in the department
- Keep abreast with packaging technologies.
- Mentor newly promoted or hired supervisors to ensure they perform as expected.
Food Packaging Manager Skills and Specification
- Must have through knowledge on the types of food packaging used in the industry and the suitable foods they apply to.
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory and managerial skills with ability to work outside of regular hours
Food Packaging Manager Education and Qualification
- A college degree in commerce or related field is basic.
- A master’s degree in business management or administration is an advantage.
- 5-9 years of experience in the food processing industries with the least 2-3 years in a supervisory position is preferred.
Food Packaging Manager Job Salary
The annual salary of a Packaging Sales Manager is in line with most sales managers and often depends on the nature of the industry and state where the business operates as well as holder’s qualification. In general, the position earns about $58,000 annually with a range above and below.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description
Supermarket Sales Job Description