Inside Sales Job Profile and Description
An Inside Sales representative’s job entails selling or introducing new corporate products or services to established clients. The customers communicate with an Inside Sales representative to request for orders, quotations, and lead times by fax, telephone, or email. Most inside sales person’s job is to build quotations on standard products, write orders and communicate pertinent information on them to customers. The primary duty involves tracking and following up on the leads, the organization generates based on web marketing. An Inside Sales representative handles the project execution actions and overall coordination between Customer Service department and Outside Sales department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and accomplishing a region lead generation plan, meeting or exceeding monthly or annual targets.
- Participating fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and professional development classes.
- Identifying decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start sales process.
- Cooperating with Accounts manager and Sales Supervisor to determine essential strategic approaches for sales.
- Maintaining and expanding the database of prospects of the organization.
- Outbound and inbound account management.
- Supporting the reseller communication channel throughout the sales interval.
- Attending sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation.
- Handling cancellations or changes in sales order and communicating the changes with the related departments.
- Coordinating with customer service for status on orders from related plant departments in ensuring the delivery commitment to clients is met.
- Collating and consolidating report on monthly sales performance per sales personnel, per product, per region or office, and per industry.
- Providing effective product demos for end-user customers as well as for the resellers.
- Emphasizing service or product features and benefits, discussing credit terms, quoting prices, and preparing sales order reports or forms.
- Creating and delivering qualified chances to Accounts Managers where allowed.
- Capturing of accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Attending industry conferences to develop industry expertise and to build network.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills.
- Should be expert in CRM software solutions.
- Prominent organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly energetic and self-starter.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in Marketing or Business related field.
- Engineering degree.
- Relevant training in Inside sales.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description