Mortgage Accounts Officer Job Profile and Description
The lending officers of a large banking operation specializing in processing consumer loans secured by residential property are the Mortgage Accounts Officers or home loan account officers. They are credit officers tasked to evaluate property values based on appraised market prices and the borrower’s credit worthiness so they can recommend or approve the correct level of mortgage loans as per banking policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer mortgage and other secured loan products as per approved amount levels and in accordance with lending policies
- Assist the Mortgage Accounts Manager in the planning and control of the bank’s mortgage lending activities
- Evaluate secured and mortgage loan applications to determine the valuation of properties to be used as securities and if needed, visit borrower properties and homes for verification and evaluation.
- Investigate credit ratings with credit bureaus and reporting agencies,
- Recommend approval, qualified approval or rejection of secured loan applications.
- Can exercise discretionary authority to wave first time surcharges and late payment charges when requested.
- Submit regular credit and loan consumption reports to management
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to work with a high degree of patience dealing with people, dealing with details as well as the tenacity to ensure mathematical accuracy
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with a team
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Must exhibit strong self-confidence, courtesy, firmness and negotiating skills when dealing with the client
- Must exhibit strong knowledge of the industry where the business operates.
Education and Qualifications
At the minimum the position requires a college degree in a business field with a strong bias in Banking, Financial Management and Business Administration. A degree in law with major in commercial law is an advantage. A post-graduate degree in banking and finance, as well as a 2-3 year experience in financing companies is ad advantage.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description