Office Depot Job Profile and Description
An Office Depot Job may consist of ‘Depot Manager’ or ‘Depot Assistant/Clerk’. The duties are somewhat similar to a Warehouse Manager/Ledger Clerk. An Office Depot Job deals with receipt, storage and movement of goods to intermediate storage locations or to the final customer. The job entails Accounts and Book-keeping work.
Warehouse Management Systems are utilized to record, control the movement and storage of materials within the depot and to other depots.
Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the major functions of a Depot Manager/Office Assistant are:-
- Monitor multi-bin storage tracking.
- Create and manage single or multiple depots for company.
- Monitor expiry date tracking.
- Receive and put away supplier purchase orders, stock transfers and customer returns.
- Process and dispatch customer orders, stock transfers and supplier returns.
- Implement Multiple Pick and pack strategies: pick from most accessible bin, pick to clear bin, pick based on best unit of measure match.
- Implement Pick and Put away strategies.
- Integrate with Return Authorization management.
- Fully integrate with Capital’s stock control, kit, customer, supplier, debtor, purchase order, transfer, and billing systems.
- View items pending dispatch by date of order, priority, order number, account code, zone, carrier, volume, weight, and other criteria.
- Organize inventory within the depot by bin/storage unit, zone and location.
- Generate supplier invoices on receipt of inventory matched against purchase orders via the depot.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of the whole process of warehousing operations including receiving and stocking of goods.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
Education and Qualifications
- MBA degree in business management with Materials management as specialization.
- Post-graduate Diploma in professional qualifications in Warehousing, logistics or transport management.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description