Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk Job Profile and Description
With most companies using a non-integrated timekeeping and payroll system, the job of the Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk remains an indispensable service to manually account for the physical presence of its workers for a proper administration of payroll. They are tasked with compiling timecards containing Bundy clock time stamps. These are use to create detailed attendance report for each worker as input to a remote payroll system where payroll data is processed in time for release of current paychecks.
Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process formalities for new employees and enter employee information to the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Documentation of employee information, such as exemptions, resignations, and transfers, to sustain and renew payroll records.
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Distribute and collect timecards each pay period.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk Skills and Specifications
- Has high organizational skills to sort and handle timecards
- Has high computer literacy to use PC
- Has a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Has above average interpersonal skills to entertain concerns from workers
Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk Education and Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED is basic to the position
Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk Salary
The median hourly wage of Payroll and Timekeeping Clerk was $17.31 in 2009 or $36,000 annually. It can go up or down depending on the industry and the company workforce level.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description