Tax Specialist/Manager Job Profile and Description
For many companies, a Tax Specialist/Manager is employed in their accounting departments to advise the head comptroller or CFO on the payment options for minimizing tax exposures. These tax liabilities include applicable corporate or franchise income taxes, capital gains tax on sale of their business or divisions thereof, taxes of corporate estates, trusts and foundations and income tax shelters on compensation packages for executives. They are also responsible in looking at ways to minimize tax exposures on new businesses, non-business assets, mergers and acquisitions and daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify tax planning opportunities in any aspect of the enterprise
- Prepare correspondences and presentation materials in seeking approval or implementation of tax plans
- Coordinate with departments with assigned new projects or businesses to ensure proper tax liability coverages.
- Manage incorporation tax requirements for new ventures and business in the pre-operating stage.
- Research legal issues, concerns, solutions and filing positions in compliance with local, federal and international tax laws
- Assist in the audit of all corporate tax payments.
Skills and Specifications
- Must exhibit a critical discernment on corporate financial records on taxable operational and asset accounting and exercise sound judgment and ability to turn opportunity into concrete value.
- Must demonstrate multitasking abilities and strong project management skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Must have ability to work long hours, under work pressures and can consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to lead medium sized client engagements.
- Interest in marketing and business development.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service.
Education and Qualifications
At the minimum the position requires a college degree in accounting and a CPA certification or equivalent professional accountancy designation. A post-graduate course in business administration or management is an advantage.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description