The Administrative Assistant is an individual who provides administrative or secretarial support to a manager or a department. They perform receptionist, general clerical, and project related tasks. These tasks include assisting visitors, answering telephones, and resolving various administrative inquiries and problems. These administrative assistants liaise between operating units and departments to resolve day-to-day operational and administrative problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with various employees for activities related to operational support of the unit.
- Operating desktop computer to edit and compose memoranda and correspondence from dictation.
- Preparing, transcribing, composing, typing, editing and distributing minutes and agendas of numerous meetings.
- Scheduling and coordinating interviews, meetings, events, appointments, and other similar tasks for supervisors.
- Coordinating and maintaining records for department office space, parking, phones, company office keys and credit cards.
- Arranging and coordinating board meetings and conferences, and attending them.
- Dealing with incoming calls, post, email, and faxes, and taking minutes and dictation in meetings.
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files and managing projects.
- Liaising with suppliers, clients, and other staff.
- Providing orientation and training for new staff, conducting research on internet, operating, and troubleshooting new office technologies.
- Negotiating with vendors, maintaining and examining leased equipment, purchasing supplies.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of office processes, practices, and computer software applications.
- Proficient in typewriting and good at English grammar
- Discretion, good judgment ability, adaptable and versatile individual.
- Organizational skills or management ability.
- Effective listening and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to operate independently.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree or Associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Administrative support activities is an advantage.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description