Budget Analyst Job Profile and Description
As part of a team in the corporate planning function, the Budget Analyst prepares and validates financial budget plans from the unit level to a consolidated corporate level. The Budget Analysts may be assigned to various departments to work with their respective heads in developing and implementing their respective budgets. They maintain historical cost vs budget data to ensure that forthcoming budgets remain representative of the departmental needs, as well as consolidate budget plans of various operating units into corporate budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and present operating and capital expense budgets for management approval.
- Identify and analyze new departmental budget items for justification by originating office.
- Ensure that budgeting procedures and guidelines are complied with.
- Provide regular budget reports to include medium-term forecasted budget, trend analyses and actuals versus budget trending.
- Assist the department head in justifying variances between actual and budget.
- Develop budget models to assist departments in their financial planning.
- Coordinate with accounting in processing actuals versus budget performance reports.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be detail-centric and posses high computational accuracy in preparing budget spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent computer literacy and learning speed to use automated accounting and budget planning systems.
- Must have strong data organizational skills
- Must have above average interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interact with unit and departmental head when developing their budget plans for approval and implementation.
- Must be able to work long hours, maintain work ethics under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
Education and Qualifications
A degree in accounting is a must while a CPA is an advantage. A related budgeting or accounting experience in another company is also an edge. Computer literacy with spreadsheets and word processing is basic and a working familiarity with automated accounting systems or ERPs is an edge.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description