Lead Financial Investigator Job Profile and Description
The Lead Financial Investigator supervises a team of investigators that are assigned to support a number of corporate functions such as credit investigation, vendor accreditation, corporate acquisition efforts, manpower recruitment and general security. The objective is to minimize the financial risk the company is exposed to in transacting with new hires, vendors and other external entities. The financial investigator is often part of the risk management office under finance while some have them under the security or HR management teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct low profile site investigations under credit investigation
- Investigate suspicion of embezzlement in job applicants,
- Coordinate with local authorities to recover damages awarded by a court in theft or fraud cases.
- Assist corporate clients in due diligence work to determine true value of stocks or corporate assets and provide financial profiles of organizations related to prospective acquisitions or mergers.
- Assist the internal auditor in assessing cash disbursements
- Maintain records of investigation profiles with the utmost confidentiality, data integrity, and security.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have an eye for computational details with a high level of accuracy in evaluating financial records and documents
- Must exhibit high organizational skills
- Must have high level of patience to delve into deeper levels of analysis
- Must be able to work under high pressure, long work hours and comply with deadlines
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with high level decision makers
Education and Qualifications
A degree in accounting is a must while a post graduate course in business administration and management or a related experience in another company is an employments edge. Computer literacy with spreadsheets and word processing is basic and a working familiarity with automated accounting systems or ERPs an edge.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description