Municipal Clerk Job Profile and Description
The Municipal Clerk takes care of doing clerical and administrative tasks for the town or city officials like drafting meeting agendas for town or city council meetings, staff meetings of the Major, Vice Mayor or Councilors, taking down minutes of the council meetings and providing attendees with copies thereof, among other things.
Municipal Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the administration of municipal elections, such as preparation or distribution of ballots, appointment or training of election officers, or tabulation or certification of results.
- Record and edit the minutes of town meetings and distribute copies of approved minutes to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Implement the maintenance, safekeeping, filing, and computerization of municipal documents.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Maintain and update documents like city charters and municipal codes Document ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations for them to be formally executed and or distributed.
- Respond to information requests from the public, other municipalities, state officials, as well as state and federal legislative offices.
- Keep and update fiscal records and accounts.
- Perform budgeting tasks like assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review as well as budget administration.
Municipal Clerk Skills and Specifications
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as listening skills
- Has adequate comprehension skills to understand directions
- Trustworthy, honest and hard working
- Have an eye for detail in providing information and reviewing documents
- Has a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
Municipal Clerk Education and Qualifications
As an entry level position, there’s no formal education requirement, but a high school diploma is basic to the position.
Municipal Clerk Salary
The median salary of a Municipal Clerk in 2009 was $16.12 per hour or $33,520 annually. This salary varies based on municipality or town.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description