Sales Representative Job Profile and Description
Sales Representatives play a vital role in the success of the organization. A sales representative’s primary duty, regardless of the service or type of product they sell, is to interest purchasing agents and buyers in the services or products of a company. In addition, addresses questions and concerns of a client. Most sales representatives demonstrate the company products and give advice to clients on the benefits of using their products to reduce costs and increase revenue. Sales representative spend much of time in travelling and visiting the existing clients and prospective buyers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeking out new opportunities constantly with both stand-alone and chain accounts within established region.
- Meet sales goals and objectives assigned by Sales Director.
- Supervising established client accounts.
- Preparing a variety of sales status reports that include activity, follow-up, closings, and adherence to targets.
- Handling customer clients as well as identifying and resolving their concerns.
- Communicating new service and product opportunities, feedback, special developments, or information collected during field activity to proper company staff.
- Preparing schedules and action plans to identify particular targets and list the clients contact numbers.
- Presenting and selling company services and products to current and prospective clients.
- Follow up on referrals and new leads resulting after field activity.
- Developing and maintaining the existing product knowledge and sales materials.
- Preparing proposals, presentations, and sales contracts.
- Establishing and maintaining new and established client relationships.
- Coordinating shipping programs and managing delivery of company products and services.
- Participating in marketing events like trade shows, seminars, and telemarketing events.
- Managing account services through follow-up and quality checks.
- Developing and implementing special sales activities in order to reduce stock.
- Coordinating with company staff to achieve the work required in closing up sales.
- Provide training to new sales employees.
- Assisting in the execution of marketing plans of company as required.
Skills and Specifications
- Pleasant and exceeding personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to meet fixed deadlines and manage under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive individual and a hard worker.
- Able to build and deliver presentations.
- Handsome knowledge of sales promotion and advertising techniques.
- Able to create, write and edit composed manuals.
- Good computer application skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Able to persuade and convince others.
- Willingness to travel most of the times.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in sales and marketing related fields.
- Related sales experience.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description