Health Insurance Sales Job Profile and Description
A health insurance sales executive is someone who sells various kinds of health insurance policies to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A health insurance sales executive has to attend meetings, seminars and training programs to learn about new health insurance programs initiated by the company he is working for.
- He has to make calls to existing policy holders of the company and explain new heath insurance programs with the aim to sell them.
- He has to make cold calls to would – be clients and give information about the programs he is offering.
- When an existing customer makes a claim, he has to confer with him/her to find out more information and also take steps to ensure that the claim is submitted to the company.
- He may have to confer with his superiors when adjustments need to be made on existing health insurance programs to suit the client’s health needs.
- He has to perform certain administrative tasks as well, including policy renewals and maintaining records.
- He has to constantly update himself regarding the health insurance programs that are being offered by the competition.
- He has to develop new contacts regularly in a bid to get new clients.
Skills and Specifications
- A health insurance sales executive has to possess exceptionally good salesmanship skills.
- He should possess very high interpersonal skills as he has to make clients open up to him about their health, an issue that is quite personal.
- He should be a very good listener as well to be successful in this profession.
- An enthusiastic, confident, problem – solving and flexible mindset is important.
- Having an emotional and sympathetic approach to people and their problems is an advantage in this profession.
Education and Qualifications
A health insurance sales executive should possess a Bachelor’s degree. Any additional degree or experience in the related field will provide an edge over the others.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description