Merchandise Planner Job Profile and Description
Retail chains and organizations rely largely on Merchandise Planners for suggestions and recommendation for selling of goods. This job is similar to that of an analyst wherein the individual is required to evaluate sales and market reports and forecast the sale of products. Merchandise planners and merchandise buyers work in close association for determining the sale of products of a retail store.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying purchase trends of the customers, fashion and seasonal trends for forecasting the purchase of goods for the store.
- Evaluating sale reports of the store.
- Assessing market surveys and customer feedback reports on various produces.
- Coordinating and synchronizing work functions with the merchandise buyer.
- Studying the strategies of competitor stores.
- Analyzing and evaluating the sale strategy and the promotional strategies of the store.
- Evaluating the target and goal of the store and strategizing to achieve the same.
- Devising innovating ideas and suggestions to lure customers to the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of the functionality of the retail industry and various products in the market.
- Should possess good communication skills written as well as verbal.
- Should have the aptitude of working in a team and taking decisions based on study and evaluation.
- Should have good time management skills and the ability to meet necessary targets.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate’s degree in retailing, merchandise management, warehousing or any other related field of study.
- Post Graduate degree or diploma in sales and marketing, merchandising, retailing or any related field from an accredited institution.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description