Mutual Fund Broker Job Profile and Description
A Mutual Fund Broker is a salesperson who may also be a stock broker with a pool of stocks and bonds along with a portfolio of money market funds, stock funds and income funds. Working in financial brokerage houses and performing the required financial transactions, the Mutual Fund Broker often acts as a financial advisor to individual investors and corporations.. Mutual fund brokers serve to link the investor with the stock exchange and earn by charging commissions for their service for either a buy or sell transaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Buy and sell mutual funds for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
- Analyze investment portfolios of clients, suggesting to buy or sell certain mutual funds and providing a whole range of other services.
- Review financial sources, stock and bond reports, annual reports, government economic trending and other materials to make decision on potential investments for clients
- Discuss investment objectives with clients and make recommendations accordingly (e.g. low risk securities only, or a balance of high and moderate risk securities with long term growth potential)
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to work with an eye for financial detail and computational accuracy considering that options for money market placements can be just a matter of fractional cents.
- Must be able to work with a team and have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with brokers, banks, investment houses and government financial agencies when assigned.
- Must have a firm ethical grounding not to engage in bogus brokering deals.
- Must have the moral rectitude to disclose the real score in advising clients about the most prudent and rewarding investment options.
Education and Qualifications
The position requires a college degree in a business or accounting field with a strong bias in Banking, Accountancy, Financial Management and Business Administration. A previous experience in working in bourses and financing businesses is an asset.
VP-Securities and Investment Management Job Description
Money Market Manager Job Description
Mortgage Accounts Manager Job Description
VP – Corporate Loan Accounts Job Description
Treasury Professional Job Description
Staff Accountant Job Description
Investment Operations Manager Job Description
Financial Planner Job Description
Financial Associate Job Description
Financial Assistant Job Description
Certified Financial Planner Job Description
Asset Disposal Manager Job Description