Banquet Sales Manager Job Profile and Description
If you are planning to hold a wedding reception, a debut dance party, a company anniversary bash or any celebration for a special occasion in a hotel or resort, you’d be dealing with the Banquet Sales Manager. Tasked to maximize sales of hotel services to patrons outside of rooming accommodations, the Banquet Sales manager design and package hotel products for using its functions rooms to host banquets and special events.
Banquet Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate event requirements with appropriate hotel departments like catering and kitchen staff, facilities maintenance, audio-visual logistics group, etc. to ensure they all work together for the event.
- Meet and discuss with clients on the specifics of the event including the date and time, logistical requirements (audiovisual facilities, stage equipment, lightning, lectern, dressed-up tables, etc.), menu items and the number of tables for pricing and event planning purposes,
- Make regular visits to the event and check with hosts to ensure that everything’s proceeding as planned.
- Mentor, coach, and train banquet staff.
- Executing administrative duties including but not limited to: correspondence, contract generation, filing, administrative and clerical support to sales staff, and other duties as requested by management.
- Promote the hotel’s event services to the local community by attending trade shows, Chamber of Commerce meetings, seminars and trade association meetings.
Banquet Sales Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Has high computer literacy to use PC
- Must have high organization, supervisory and managerial skills
Banquet Sales Manager Education and Qualifications
- As a management position, a bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurante Management or related courses is basic.
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar management capacity is an advantage.
Banquet Sales Manager Salary
The median annual salary for a Banquet Sales Manager in 2008 was $44,700 with the middle 50% earning between $34,600 and $55,600. The lowest 10% earned about $25,400 while the highest 10% earned roughly $75,000.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description