Order Fillers – Wholesale Job Profile and Description
Order Fillers in the retail and wholesale industries process fulfill wholesale customers’ mailed, phoned-in or online orders by processing the ordered merchandise based on item specifications from the sales slips. They are responsible in ensuring that the retrieved goods match the orders as well as the pricing information before processing the items for shipment. They are also tasked to ensure that items on sales are supported by sufficient stock levels and initiate requisitions for restocking for high moving items.
Order Fillers – Wholesale Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and understand the orders, ascertaining correct part numbers, catalog numbers, pricing, size, color and other physical or logical parameters match the order.
- Access inventory management to check that the item exists and in the specification as ordered.
- Locate and retrieve the merchandise from physical location.
- Compute prices, ensuring they match the order and enter real time decrement command in the inventory system.
- Process the item for packaging and initiate the shipment of merchandise items to fulfillment houses or directly to customers.
- Requisition stock replenishment if inventory reaches critical level.
- Coordinate with sales group if item cannot be located for them to contact customer.
Order Fillers – Wholesale Skills and Specifications
- Has high organizational skills to maintain ensure efficient stockroom
- Has high computer literacy to use PC and an automated stockroom inventory management systems
- Must have physically fit to lift merchandise items when retrieving from stockroom bins
- Has a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Has above average interpersonal skills
Order Fillers – Wholesale Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is basic to the position as most learn their profession from short-term on-the-job training
- A 2-year associate or bachelor college course work is an advantage
- An experience as a filing clerk in another office is an advantage.
Order Fillers – Wholesale Salary
The median annual wages for Order Fillers in the wholesale or retail industries in 2009 stood at $10.08 hourly or $20,970 annually. There’s a salary variance depending on the industry and the extent of warehousing operations.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description