Sales Director Job Profile and Description
A Sales Director manages the sales activities and programs of an organization. This field of sales fall under broader category of marketing, advertising, sales professionals and promotions. A sales director works in Sales Management and is responsible for attaining monthly or annual sales targets, building up distribution channels, establishing strategic business relations, and providing idea for all strategic sales plans and their implementation. The individual is also responsible for controlling the selling costs with the objective of achieving predetermined net profit yields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devising and deploying all sales objectives and goals across the company, including sales targets and budgets preparation.
- Developing and implementing quarterly and annual sales programs, plans, and policies for every sales managers.
- Integrating and aligning sales plans with available processes, IT systems, talent and other areas in order to increase the capability and success of sales force.
- Managing the performance and activities of the entire sales units, including account managers, regional managers, and staff.
- Creating training and development programs for sales managers.
- Giving final authorization on all sales appoint decisions.
- Conducting analysis in order to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and corporate objectives.
- Developing and implementing reseller agreements, distribution strategies, and other sales opportunities.
- Planning and executing business show appearances.
- Creating product segmentation strategies wherever needed to maximize trade opportunities across different sales channels.
- Maximizing work relationships with key wholesale and retail partners.
- Developing, managing, and nurturing new business partnerships and accounts to accomplish volume and profit goals.
- Communicating brand identity internally to pertinent key business collaborates, business units, and the customer support.
- Exploring and growing the client account list, dealing incoming leads and ending sales.
- Seeking out and directing new customers and sales opportunities, initiating action plan to advance and procure new business for the company.
- Updating the organization on changing online marketing trends so that the organization can prepare and regulate plans accordingly.
Skills and Specifications
- Proven ability to interact effectively with Senior Executives.
- Develop sales strategies, tactics and techniques based on the feedback of the customer and market environment.
- Focus selling message on needs of customer.
- Able to manage effectively a cross-functional team.
- Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership ability, entrepreneurial attitude and a good team player.
- Advanced computer program skills like Microsoft Word, Excel and so on.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Able to work under pressure and close deadline.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing related field.
- Common courses like economics, business law, finance, mathematics, management, statistics and so on in a 4-year bachelor’s program.
College Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Secondary Education Sales Account Executive Job Description
Export Sales Manager Job Description
Franchise Sales Manager Job Description
Packaging Sales Manager Job Description
Food Packaging Manager Job Description
Sales Promotions Manager Job Description
Sales Professional Job Description
Regional Sales Manager Job Description
Jewelry Sales Job Description
Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
Car Salesman Job Description