A laboratory assistant is responsible for the overall supervision of the laboratory including regular laboratory procedures, maintenance of the chemicals and working according to the assigned laboratory schedules. Performing the chemical & biological procedures, assisting the teaching staff & students during practical classes, conducting the haematological and microbiological analysis and preparing the list of the required equipments & chemicals are some of the major job responsibilities of a laboratory assistant. Therefore, a laboratory assistant plays a vital role in implementing the rule & regulations, restrictions and hygiene standards in the laboratory.
Laboratory Assistant Job Specifications:
- Good understanding of the routine chemical procedures & various practical methods to help the students and taking care of the harmful substances uploaded on the shelves in the laboratory.
- Responsibility to operate the laboratory by making an order list of the required apparatus such as slides, beakers and finished chemical constituents for further purchase.
- Preparing the monthly records and annual reports according to the conducted practical schedules.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with the other departments and follow up for ordering the laboratory equipments and finished laboratory contents.
- Ability to maintain the discipline and placing the warning charts in the laboratory restricted areas.
- Assigning the technical & scientific tools such as the microscopes, instruments and gauges, etc to conduct the lab experiments.
- Responsibility to prevent the damages and ensuring of all running systems should be shut down before locking the laboratory.
- Knowledge of software to update the attendance records of the students and filling the entries of completed laboratory experiments.
Warehouse Operations Manager Job Specification
Warehouse Coordinator Job Specification
Warehouse Manager Job Specification
Travel Consultant Job Specification
Travel Agency Manager Job Specification
Travel Coordinator Job Specification
Transportation Supervisor Job Specification
Transportation Engineer Job Specification
Transportation Manager Job Specification
HR Trainee Job Specification
Sales Trainee Job Specification
Marketing Trainee Job Specification