A medical technologist functions to analyze the submitted biological samples by conducting chemical tests, prepares the required examination reports based on the results and is responsible for managing & arranging the pathology laboratory. Conducting the various types of laboratory tests, guiding the patient to submit the required genetic sample and performing the examination by using heat, filter & reagent techniques are some of the basic job duties of a medical technologist. This job position should pose effective interpersonal skills, ability to perform the bacteriological & microscopic tests and experience of dealing with the concerned departments. Therefore, a medical technologist plays a vital role in completing the recommended biological tests by following the certain medical standards.
Medical Technologist Job Specifications:
- Effective communication skills to deal with the patients, laboratory staff and other departments in order to complete & submit the examination reports.
- Good knowledge of various biological procedures and tests to complete the requested medical analysis.
- Aptitude to guide the patient to provide the specimen as recommended by the physician, evaluating the time limit and issuing the date of report delivery.
- Sound knowledge of various chemical formulations, procedures and microbiological & bacteriological process to conduct the medical tests.
- Ability to organize the required reports and preparing the documentation by mentioning the details of medical experiments.
- As a laboratory in- charge guiding the trainees, inspecting the test results and ensuring if the report results are accurate.
- Maintain the required laboratory supply by coordinating with the concerned department by putting a request of finished chemicals, apparatus and tools, etc.
Warehouse Operations Manager Job Specification
Warehouse Coordinator Job Specification
Warehouse Manager Job Specification
Travel Consultant Job Specification
Travel Agency Manager Job Specification
Travel Coordinator Job Specification
Transportation Supervisor Job Specification
Transportation Engineer Job Specification
Transportation Manager Job Specification
HR Trainee Job Specification
Sales Trainee Job Specification
Marketing Trainee Job Specification